NOTICE: This is an OSHA Archive Document, and no longer represent OSHA Policy. It is presented here as historical content, for research and review purposes only. Return to current Interpretations.
- 1910.37 - Colored location indicating lights. [02/16/1977]
- 1910.37 - Exit signs in occupied workplaces be illuminated from a reliable external light source which provides a minimum of 5-foot candles on the sign surface. [07/06/1976]
- 1910.37 - How means of egress shall be located and identified. [12/18/1975]
- 1910.37 - NFPA 101-1970, Life Safety Code. [07/16/1996]
- 1910.37(k) - Locked exit doors are not permitted. [11/04/1993]
- 1910.37(q)(6) - Clarification on locks and exit signs for emergency exits. [02/27/1973]