Regulations (Standards - 29 CFR) - Table of Contents|
| Part Number:||1918|
| Part Title:||Safety and Health Regulations for Longshoring|
| Subpart Title:||Personal Protective Equipment|
| Standard Number:||1918.105|
| Title:||Other protective measures.|
| GPO Source:||e-CFR|
* Protective clothing.
* The employer shall provide and shall require the wearing of special protective clothing for each employee engaged in work where protective clothing is necessary.
* When necessary, protective clothing shall be cleaned and disinfected before reissuance.
* Personal flotation devices (PFDs).
* The employer shall provide and shall require the wearing of PFDs for each employee engaged in work in which the employee might fall into the water.
PFDs (life preservers, life jackets, or work vests) worn by each affected employee must be United States Coast Guard (USCG) approved pursuant to 46 CFR part 160 (Type I, II, III, or V PFD) and marked for use as a work vest, for commercial use, or for use on vessels.
* Personal flotation devices shall be maintained in safe condition and shall be considered unserviceable when damaged in a manner that affects buoyancy or fastening capability.
[62 FR 40141, July 25, 1997; 65 FR 40946, June 30, 2000]
Next Standard (1918.106)|
|Regulations (Standards - 29 CFR) - Table of Contents|
The Department of Labor does not endorse, takes no responsibility for, and exercises no control over the linked organization or its views, or contents, nor does it vouch for the accuracy or accessibility of the information contained on the destination server. The Department of Labor also cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked Web sites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked Web site. Thank you for visiting our site. Please click the button below to continue.