Powered by GoogleTranslate
Regulations (Standards - 29 CFR) - Table of Contents
• Part Number: 24
• Part Title: Procedures for the Handling of Retaliation Complaints Under Federal Employee Protection Statutes
• Subpart: C
• Subpart Title: Miscellaneous Provisions
• Standard Number: 24.114
• Title: District court jurisdiction of retaliation complaints under the Energy Reorganization Act.
• GPO Source: e-CFR

If there is no final order of the Secretary, one year has passed since the filing of a complaint under the Energy Reorganization Act, and there is no showing that there has been delay due to the bad faith of the complainant, the complainant may bring an action at law or equity for de novo review in the appropriate district court of the United States, which will have jurisdiction over such an action without regard to the amount in controversy.
Fifteen days in advance of filing a complaint in Federal court, a complainant must file with the Assistant Secretary, the ALJ, or the ARB, depending upon where the proceeding is pending, a notice of his or her intention to file such complaint. The notice must be served on all parties to the proceeding. A copy of the notice must be served on the Regional Administrator, the Assistant Secretary, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and on the Associate Solicitor, Division of Fair Labor Standards, U.S. Department of Labor. The complainant shall file and serve a copy of the district court complaint on the above as soon as possible after the district court complaint has been filed with the court.

[72 FR 44968, August 10, 2007; 76 FR 2825, Jan. 18, 2011]

Next Standard (24.115)

Regulations (Standards - 29 CFR) - Table of Contents

Thank You for Visiting Our Website

You are exiting the Department of Labor's Web server.

The Department of Labor does not endorse, takes no responsibility for, and exercises no control over the linked organization or its views, or contents, nor does it vouch for the accuracy or accessibility of the information contained on the destination server. The Department of Labor also cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked Web sites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked Web site. Thank you for visiting our site. Please click the button below to continue.