Powered by GoogleTranslate
Regulations (Standards - 29 CFR) - Table of Contents
• Part Number: 2200
• Part Title: OSHA Review Commission
• Subpart: M
• Subpart Title: Simplified Proceedings
• Standard Number: 2200.203
• Title: Commencing Simplified Proceedings.
• GPO Source: e-CFR


Selection. Upon receipt of a Notice of Contest, the Chief Administrative Law Judge may, at his or her discretion, assign an appropriate case for Simplified Proceedings.


Party request. Within 20 days of the notice of docketing, any party may request that the case be assigned for Simplified Proceedings. The request must be in writing. For example, I request Simplified Proceedings will suffice. The request must be sent to the Executive Secretary. Copies must be sent to each of the other parties.


Judge's ruling on request. The Chief Administrative Law Judge or the Judge assigned to the case may grant a party's request and assign a case for Simplified Proceedings at his or her discretion. Such request shall be acted upon within 15 days of its receipt by the Judge.


Time for filing complaint or answer under §2200.34. If a party has requested Simplified Proceedings or the Judge has assigned the case for Simplified Proceedings, the times for filing a complaint or answer will not run. If a request for Simplified Proceedings is denied, the period for filing a complaint or answer will begin to run upon issuance of the notice denying Simplified Proceedings.

[47 FR 29527, July 7, 1982, as amended at 57 FR 41688, Sept. 11, 1992; 60 FR 41805, Aug. 14, 1995; 62 FR 61011, Nov. 14, 1997; 70 FR 22792, May 3, 2005; 74 FR 63987, Dec. 7, 2009]

Next Standard (2200.204)

Regulations (Standards - 29 CFR) - Table of Contents

Thank You for Visiting Our Website

You are exiting the Department of Labor's Web server.

The Department of Labor does not endorse, takes no responsibility for, and exercises no control over the linked organization or its views, or contents, nor does it vouch for the accuracy or accessibility of the information contained on the destination server. The Department of Labor also cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked Web sites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked Web site. Thank you for visiting our site. Please click the button below to continue.