#684 - Department of the Army (#684)
- Date Signed:
- August 25, 2008
- Date Concluded:
- August 15, 2010
- Contact Information:
- Directorate of Cooperative and State Programs, (202) 693-2213
Department of the Army civilians to include contract employees will reap the benefits of a new partnership. To continue their commitment to improving the safety and health of civilian and contract employees working at Army installations the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the United States Department of the Army formed a new Strategic Partnership agreement on August 25, 2008.
- Department of the Defense, Department of the Army
- Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Reduce civilian and contractor workforce fatalities, injuries and illnesses at each participating Army installation by at least 3% each year consistent with the President's Safety, Health and Return-to-Employment (SHARE) goals.
- Increase awareness of the value of effective safety and health management systems.
- Expand the Army's participation in the Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP).
- Share best practices and successes with non-partner Army installations and others with similar safety and health issues or concerns.
- Convey civilian workforce safety and health best practices and injury/illness reduction lessons to soldiers where appropriate.
The following objectives will be used by the partnership for assistance in meeting the established goals:
- Identifying of underlying factors causing injuries, illnesses and fatalities
- Developing communication tools to promote safety and health
- Conducting employee awareness surveys
- Facilitating the use of mentors and Special Government Employees to help participating sites apply for and achieve VPP status