Oil Spill Response News Releases
- Statement from US Department of Labor warns employers along Gulf Coast against withholding of HAZWOPER certificates [8/18/2010 Statement]
- US Department of Labor's OSHA assistant secretary explains requirements for protective clothing during oil spill beach cleanup operations [7/22/2010 Statement]
- July 19 - OSHA Statement on 2-Butoxyethanol & Worker Exposure
- US Department of Labor's OSHA assistant secretary concerned some oil spill workers not receiving proper training [07/07/10 News Release]
- US Labor Department provides $27 million to help workers displaced by oil spill in Gulf of Mexico [06/30/10 News Release]
- US Department of Labor's OSHA, federal on scene coordinator sign memorandum to protect worker health, safety during oil spill cleanup [06/10/10 News Release]
- OSHA distributes oil spill cleanup safety guides, fact sheets: Materials to be published in several languages [05/19/10 News Release]
- USDOL focuses on safety of workers as oil cleanup activities ramp up in Gulf Coast region: OSHA Assistant Secretary David Michaels visits area to offer expertise, assistance [05/03/10 News Release]
- President Obama was at a Theodore, Alabama staging area in the Gulf on June 14 and offered the following concerning worker protection activities - Read More...
- June 9-10 - Labor Secretary, Hilda L. Solis, and OSHA Assistant Secretary, David Michaels, traveled to Louisiana, to inspect efforts to ensure the health, safety and well-being of workers affected by the BP oil spill.
- OSHA Deputy Assistant Secretary Jordan Barab was part of a multi-agency delegation to the Gulf on June 1 - 2 on an information-gathering trip, which included speaking to oil cleanup workers. - 06/03/10 Read More...