I would like to gain more clarity in how to classify a work related loss of consciousness due to exposure to H2S. Is this a recordable? If it is recordable, is it an injury or an illness?

You must record a work-related injury or illness if the worker becomes unconscious, regardless of the length of time the employee remains unconscious. Employers should look at the examples of injuries and illnesses in the "Classifying Injuries and Classifying Illnesses" section of the Recordkeeping Forms Package for guidance. Poisoning by Hydrogen Sulfide is included as an example for Column M(4) on the OSHA Log.

FAQ ID: 549