Is it necessary to fill out the OSHA 301 form when a First Report of Injury is filled out and submitted to our insurance company?

The worker's compensation form is sufficient if it is equivalent to the OSHA 301 form. An equivalent form is one that has the same information, is as readable and understandable, and is completed using the same instructions as the OSHA form it replaces. Many employers use an insurance form instead of the OSHA 301 Incident Report, or supplement an insurance form by adding any additional information required by OSHA.

FAQ ID: 305