Can a completed First Notice of Injury form be used as a substitute for the OSHA Form 301?

An equivalent form is one that has the same information, is as readable and understandable, and is completed using the same instructions as the OSHA form it replaces. Many employers use an insurance form instead of the OSHA 301 Incident Report, or supplement an insurance form by adding any additional information required by OSHA.

FAQ ID: 141