Are the worker's compensation first report of injury form and the OSHA Form 301 both required to be filled out, or will just the worker's compensation form be sufficient for compliance?

The worker's compensation form is sufficient if it is equivalent to the OSHA 301 form. An equivalent form is one that has the same information, is as readable and understandable, and is completed using the same instructions as the OSHA form it replaces. Many employers use an insurance form instead of the OSHA 301 Incident Report, or supplement an insurance form by adding any additional information required by OSHA.

FAQ ID: 35