Special considerations for use and care may include:
- Always check the batteries prior to use. Be very careful with the microphone cable. Never kink, stretch, pinch, or otherwise damage the
- Use the microphone windscreen to protect the microphone when the wearer will be outdoors or in dusty or dirty areas. (The windscreen will
not protect the microphone from rain or extreme humidity. Refer to the manufacturers instructions when using equipment in extreme
- Never use any type of covering over the microphone (e.g., plastic bag or plastic wrap) to protect it from moisture. Such materials will
distort the noise pickup, and the readings will be invalid.
- Never try to clean a microphone, particularly with compressed air, since damage is likely to result. Although dirt and exposure to
industrial environments will damage the microphones, regular use of an acoustical calibrator will detect such damage so that microphones can
- Remove the batteries when the dosimeter will be stored for more than 5 days. Protect dosimeters from extreme heat and humidity.
- No field maintenance is required other than replacement of batteries.