- Synonyms: Zinc dimethyldithiocarbamate
- OSHA IMIS Code Number: Z126
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 137-30-4
- NIOSH Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances (RTECS) Identification Number: ZH0525000; 88608
- Chemical Description and Physical Properties:
- white solid, can form a flammable dust
- melting point: 250°C
- Carcinogenic Classification:
- International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC): Group 3, not classifiable as to its carcinogenicity to humans
- Health Effects: LD50 (oral, rat) 1400 mg/kg
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- OSHA Versatile Sampler (OVS-2) - 13 mm XAD-2 Tube (270/140 mg sections, 20/60 mesh) with Glass Fiber Filter enclosed
- analytical solvent: Chloroform
- maximum volume: 180 Liters
- maximum flow rate: 1.0 L/min
- current analytical method: High Performance Liquid Chromatography; HPLC/UV
- method reference: 2 (OSHA PV2073)
- method classification: Partially Validated
- note: OSHA personnel may obtain sample tubes from the Salt Lake Technical Center.
- Limit the amount of bulk submitted to one gram or one mL.
Chloroform extraction; 50 mm x 4.6 mm Econ C8 column; 86% Methanol/14% Water, 0.0001M zinc-4-dodecyldiethylenetriamine complex; 0.13 M ammonium acetate; pH 7.2; flow 0.5 mL/min; 2 uL injection; RT 2.5 + min; DL 2.1 ng/injection; UV 280 nm; 250 nm C/P 5/88
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.