This document may not reflect OSHA's respirable silica rule published on March 25, 2016.
For more information on the new rule, see OSHA's Final Rule on Respirable Crystalline Silica Page.
Silica, Crystalline Tripoli (as Quartz), Respirable Dust
- Synonyms: Tripoli; Silica, Crystalline-Tripoli
- OSHA IMIS Code Number: S114
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 1317-95-9
- NIOSH Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances (RTECS) Identification Number: VV7336000; 77722
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) Threshold Limit Value (TLV): 0.1 mg/m3 TWA; respirable fraction of contained respirable quartz
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Recommended Exposure Limit (REL): 0.05 mg/m3 TWA; Potential carcinogen
- Carcinogenic Classification:
- International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC): Silica - Group 2A, probably carcinogenic to humans (Crystalline + Silica)
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- See Silica, Crystalline Quartz, Respirable Dust (IMIS 9010)
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.