- Synonyms: N-Phenyl-beta-Naphthylamine
- OSHA IMIS Code Number: N606
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 135-88-6
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) Threshold Limit Value (TLV): A2 (Suspected Human Carcinogen)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Recommended Exposure Limit (REL): Potential carcinogen
Health Effects: Metabolizes to beta-Napthylamine in humans and animals
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- Two coated, 25mm, extra thick glass fiber filters enclosed in a 3 piece opaque cassette. Coating is 10 mg vitamin C.
- analytical solvent: Methanol
- maximum volume: 240 Liters
- maximum flow rate: 1.0 L/min
- current analytical method: High Performance Liquid Chromatography; HPLC/FLU
- method reference: 2 (OSHA 96)
- sampling and analytical error: 0.09
- method classification: Fully Validated
Conditions: Column: Radial-Pak C18 Mobile Phase: 85/15 Methanol Water Detector: 300nm Excitation, 370nm Emission Detection Limit: 32.5 pg/injection
Wipe Sampling Method:
- Glass Fiber Filter
- current analytical method: High performance liquid chromatography; HPLC/UV/Fluorescence
- method reference: 2 (OSHA In-House File)
- method classification: Not Validated
- note: Limit the amount of bulk submitted to one gram or one mL.
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.