Grain Dust (Oats, Wheat & Barley)
- Synonyms: Grain Dust prior to 9/1/89
- OSHA IMIS Code Number: G109
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) Threshold Limit Value (TLV): 4 mg/m3 TWA; The value is for particulate matter containing no asbestos and <1% crystalline silica.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Recommended Exposure Limit (REL): 4 mg/m3 TWA
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- Tared Low Ash Polyvinyl Chloride (LAPVC) filter 5 microns
- maximum volume: 960 Liters
- maximum flow rate: 2.0 L/min
- current analytical method: Gravimetric
- method reference: 11, 12
- sampling and analytical error: 0.10
- method classification: Fully Validated
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.