- Synonyms: para-Dimethylaminoazobenzene
- OSHA IMIS Code Number: 0929
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 60-11-7
- NIOSH Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances (RTECS) Identification Number: BX5020000; 8216
- Chemical Description and Physical Properties:
- yellow, crystalline leaflets
- molecular weight: 225
- boiling point: Sublimes
- melting point: 240°F
- Carcinogenic Classification:
- Potential Symptoms: Enlarged liver, hepatic and renal dysfunction; contact dermatitis; coughing, wheezing, difficulty breathing, bloody sputum, bronchial secretions; frequent urination, hematuria, dysuria; (carcinogenic)
- Health Effects: Liver Cancer (HE1)
- Affected Organs: Liver, skin, bladder
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- Glass Fiber Filter (37 mm) in series with Midget impinger containing 15 mL Isopropanol
- maximum volume: 60 Liters
- maximum flow rate: 1.0 L/min
- current analytical method: High Performance Liquid Chromatography; HPLC/UV
- analytical solvent: Dry Methanol or Isopropanol
- method reference: 2 (OSHA In-house File)
- method classification: Not Validated
Wipe Sampling Method:
- Glass Fiber Filter
- analytical solvent: Dry, Methanol, or Isop
- Limit the amount of bulk submitted to one gram or one mL.
Column: C18 Mobile Phase: 80:20 Methanol:Water Detector Wavelength: 259nm Detection Limit: 6 ng/inj
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
*Accessibility Assistance: Contact OSHA's Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300 for assistance accessing PDF materials.
All other documents, that are not PDF materials or formatted for the web, are available as Microsoft Office® formats and videos and are noted accordingly. If additional assistance is needed with reading, reviewing or accessing these documents or any figures and illustrations, please also contact OSHA's Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300.
**eBooks - EPUB is the most common format for e-Books. If you use a Sony Reader, a Nook, or an iPad you can download the EPUB file format. If you use a Kindle, you can download the MOBI file format.Back to Top