Synonyms: Phosphoric acid 3-(dimethylamino)-1-methyl-3-oxo-1-propenyl dimethyl ester; 2-Dimethyl cis-2-dimethylcarbamoyl-1-methylvinylphosphate; Bidrin®; Carbicron®
OSHA IMIS Code Number: 0902
Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 141-66-2
NIOSH Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances (RTECS) Identification Number: TC3850000
NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards, Dicrotophos: chemical description, physical properties, potentially hazardous incompatibilities, and more
American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) Threshold Limit Value (TLV): 0.05 mg/m3 TWA (Inhalable Fraction) (Vapor and Aerosol); Skin; Appendix A4 - Not Classifiable as a Human Carcinogen; BEI
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Recommended Exposure Limit (REL): 0.25 mg/m3 TWA; Skin
Potential Symptoms: Miosis, blurred vision; headache; nausea; dizziness, anxiety, restlessness; muscle twitching, lassitude (weakness, exhaustion), labored breathing; tremor; incoordination; vomiting, abdominal cramps, diarrhea; salivation, sweating, lacrimation, rhinitis; anorexia; malaise; hypotension; convulsions, unconsciousness; respiratory failure; SKIN ABS
Health Effects: Cholinesterase inhibition (HE6); LD50 (oral, rat) 22 mg/kg; LD50 (inhalation, rat) 0.61-0.91 mg/liter
Affected Organs: CNS, blood cholinesterase
- OSHA does not have a PEL for dicrotophos.
- The LC50 in rats (4-hour inhalation) is 90 mg/m3.
- Exposure is generally monitored by measurement of plasma cholinesterase activity. The major metabolite in urine is dimethylphosphate, which is also a metabolite of dichlorvos.
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards: Dicrotophos.
- International Chemical Safety Cards (WHO/IPCS/ILO): Dicrotophos.
- J.J. Mauget Company: INJECT-A-CIDE® B Material Safety Data Sheet, Revised September 30, 2002, 9 pp.
- Pohanish, R.P. (editor): Dicrotophos. In, Sittig's Handbook of Toxic and Hazardous Chemicals and Carcinogens, Fourth Ed., Vol. 1. Norwich, NY: Noyes Publications, William Andrew Publishing, 2002, pp. 847-850.
Date Last Revised: 05/28/2004
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- sampling media: OSHA Versatile Sampler (OVS-2) - 13 mm XAD-2 tube (270/140 mg sections, 20/60 mesh) with Glass Fiber Filter enclosed
analytical solvent: Toluene
maximum volume: 480 Liters
maximum flow rate: 1.0 L/min
current analytical method: Gas Chromatography; GC/FPD
method reference: OSHA Analytical Method (OSHA PV2099)
method classification: Partially Validated
note: OSHA personnel may obtain sampling tubes from the Salt Lake Technical Center.
Wipe Sampling Method:
- sampling media: Glass Fiber Filter
- Limit the amount of bulk submitted to one gram or one mL.
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.