- OSHA IMIS Code Number: C619
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 287-92-3
- NIOSH Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances (RTECS) Identification Number: GY2390000; 28941
- Department of Transportation Regulation Number (49 CFR 172.101) and Emergency Response Guidebook: UN1146; 128 Flammable Liquid
American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) Threshold Limit Value (TLV): 600 ppm, 1720 mg/m3 TWA
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Recommended Exposure Limit (REL): 600 ppm TWA
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- Charcoal Tube (100/50 mg sections, 20/40 mesh)
- analytical solvent: Carbon Disulfide
- maximum volume: 5 Liters
- maximum flow rate: 0.2 L/min
- current analytical method: Gas Chromatography; GC/FID
- method reference: 1, 2 (OSHA modified NIOSH 1500 (PDF))
- method classification: Not Validated
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
*Accessibility Assistance: Contact OSHA's Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300 for assistance accessing PDF materials.
All other documents, that are not PDF materials or formatted for the web, are available as Microsoft Office® formats and videos and are noted accordingly. If additional assistance is needed with reading, reviewing or accessing these documents or any figures and illustrations, please also contact OSHA's Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300.
**eBooks - EPUB is the most common format for e-Books. If you use a Sony Reader, a Nook, or an iPad you can download the EPUB file format. If you use a Kindle, you can download the MOBI file format.Back to Top