- Synonyms: 2,4,6-Trihydroxy-1,3,5-triazine; Isocyanuric Acid; 1,3,5-Triazine-2,4,6(1H,3H,5H)-trione
- OSHA IMIS Code Number: R216
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 108-80-5
- NIOSH Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances (RTECS) Identification Number: DO4562000; 19713
- Chemical Description and Physical Properties:
- molecular weight: 129.08
- molecular formula: C3H3N3O3
- melting point: >330°C
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Filter 5 micron
- analytical solvent: 5:95 Methanol:Water (10 minutes in sonic bath)
- maximum volume: 1000 L
- maximum flow rate: 3 L/min
- current analytical method: High Performance Liquid Chromatography; HPLC/UV
- method reference: 1 (NIOSH 5030 (PDF))
- method classification: Partially Validated
- note: Trichloroisocyanuric acid will interfere because it reacts with water to form cyanuric acid.
Conditions: Column: C18 Mobile Phase: 0.005 M Na2HPO4 5:95 Methanol:Water Detector: 225 nm
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
*Accessibility Assistance: Contact OSHA's Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300 for assistance accessing PDF materials.
All other documents, that are not PDF materials or formatted for the web, are available as Microsoft Office® formats and videos and are noted accordingly. If additional assistance is needed with reading, reviewing or accessing these documents or any figures and illustrations, please also contact OSHA's Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300.
**eBooks - EPUB is the most common format for e-Books. If you use a Sony Reader, a Nook, or an iPad you can download the EPUB file format. If you use a Kindle, you can download the MOBI file format.Back to Top