- Synonyms: Wood-tar creosote mixture of phenols and phenolic derivatives-- Synonyms-Creosote and Beechwood Coal-tar Creosote contains significant amounts of naphthalene and anthracene-- Synonyms-Creosote Oil, Liquid Pitch Oil, and Tar Oil
- OSHA IMIS Code Number: C129
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 8001-58-9
- Chemical Description and Physical Properties:
- boiling range: 203-220°C (Wood-tar creosote)
- distilling range: 200-400°C (Coal-tar creosote)
- Carcinogenic Classification:
- International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC): Group 2A, probably carcinogenic to humans
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- Suggested chemicals for sampling would be phenol, cresols, naphthalene, or PNA's.
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.