This document may not reflect OSHA's respirable silica rule published on March 25, 2016.
For more information on the new rule, see OSHA's Final Rule on Respirable Crystalline Silica Page.
Coal Dust (> or 5% SiO2) (Respirable Quartz Fraction)
- OSHA IMIS Code Number: C120
- OSHA Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL):
- General Industry: Use Crystalline Silica: Quartz (Respirable) Limits (See 29 CFR 1910.1000 Table Z-3)
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) Threshold Limit Value (TLV): See Coal Dust (IMIS C131)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Recommended Exposure Limit (REL): 0.1 mg/m3 TWA
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- See Silica, Crystalline Quartz, Respirable Dust (IMIS 9010)
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.