Chlorodiphenyl (60% Cl)
- Synonyms: Arochlor 1260; Aroclor 1260; Polychlorinated Biphenyl; PCB
- OSHA IMIS Code Number: C107
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 11096-82-5; 27323-18-8
- NIOSH Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances (RTECS) Identification Number: TQ1362000; 64477
- Department of Transportation Regulation Number (49 CFR 172.101) and Emergency Response Guidebook: UN2315 Class 9
- Carcinogenic Classification:
- National Toxicology Program (NTP): Suspect Human Carcinogen
- International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC): Polychlorinated Biphenyls - Group 2A, probably carcinogenic to humans
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- OSHA Versatile Sampler (OVS-2) - 13 mm XAD-2 Tube (270/140 mg sections, 20/60 mesh) with Glass Fiber Filter enclosed
- maximum volume: 60 Liters
- maximum flow rate: 1.0 L/min
- current analytical method: Gas Chromatography; GC/ECD
- method reference: 2 (OSHA In-House File)
- method classification: Partially Validated
- note: Collect a sample of the bulk substance and send to the lab in a separate mailing container at the time the air samples are submitted. Indicate on the sample sheet that a bulk sample has been submitted.
- Limit the amount of bulk submitted to one gram or one mL for oil and 20 g for soil.
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.