- OSHA IMIS Code Number: C119
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 7440-45-1
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method:
- Particulates not otherwise regulated (Respirable Fraction)
- Mixed Cellulose Ester Filter (MCEF) 0.8 microns
- maximum volume: 960 Liters
- minimum volume: 480 Liters
- maximum flow rate: 2.0 L/min
- current analytical method: Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy; AAS
- method reference: OSHA Analytical Method (OSHA ID-121)
- method classification: Not Validated
- note: Submit as separate sample. If the filter is not overloaded samples may be collected up to eight hours. An elemental analysis is performed for Cerium.
Cerium is soluble in concentrated or dilute mineral acids.
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.