- Synonyms: n-Butyl Isocyanate; BIC
- OSHA IMIS Code Number: B609
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 111-36-4
- NIOSH Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances (RTECS) Identification Number: NQ8250000; 44183
- Department of Transportation Regulation Number (49 CFR 172.101) and Emergency Response Guidebook: UN2485 Flammable Liquid
- Chemical Description and Physical Properties:
- colorless liquid
- Health Effects: LD50 (oral, rat) 600 mg/kg
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- Coated XAD-7 Tube. Coating is 0.3 mg 1-(2-Pyridyl)Piperazine
- maximum volume: 15 Liters
- maximum flow rate: 0.05 L/min
- current analytical method: High Performance Liquid Chromatography; HPLC/UL58.
- analytical solvent: Acetonitrile
- method reference: 2 (OSHA In-House File)
- method classification: Partially Validated
- note: The coated XAD-7 tube must be refrigerated until use.
ACN desorption, HPLC/UV; Zorbax CN column; 25% ACN, 75% water; 0.01 M Ammonium acetate, pH 5.9 with acetic acid; Flouresence 240 nm ex. 370 nm em; uv 254 nm RT 8.6 min; DL 0.3 ng/inj, C/P YC
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.