- Synonyms: Bromelin; Ananase; Extranase; Inflamen; Traumanase
- OSHA IMIS Code Number: B106
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 9001-00-7
- NIOSH Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances (RTECS) Identification Number: EF8575000; 21228
- Chemical Description and Physical Properties:
- Protein-digesting and milk-clotting enzymes found in pineapple fruit juice and stem tissue. Enzymes are distinguished as fruit bromelain and stem bromelain.
- molecular formula: Approx. 33,000
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) Filter, 0.2 micron
- maximum volume: 480 Liters
- maximum flow rate: 2 L/min
- current analytical method: Immunoradiometric Assay
- method reference: 2 (OSHA In-House File)
- method classification: Not Validated
- note: Before sampling, OSHA personnel are to contact SLTC Chromatography Team for instructions.
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.