Bismuth Telluride, Undoped (Total Dust)
- Synonyms: Bi2Te3; Bismuth Telluride, Undoped prior to 9/1/89
- OSHA IMIS Code Number: 0370
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 1304-82-1
- Chemical Description and Physical Properties:
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) Threshold Limit Value (TLV): 10 mg/m3 TWA; Appendix A4 (Not Classifiable as a Human Carcinogen)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Recommended Exposure Limit (REL): 10 mg/m3 TWA
- Health Effects: Accumulation in lungs (HE10)
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- Tared Low Ash Polyvinyl Chloride (LAPVC) filter 5 microns
- maximum volume: 960 Liters
- minimum volume: 480 Liters
- maximum flow rate: 2.0 L/min
- current analytical method: Gravimetric Analysis
- method reference: 11, 12
- sampling and analytical error: 0.10
- method classification: Fully Validated
- note: Field method. If the gross weight of the sample yields a concentration below the standard for the air contaminate, do not submit sample to the Salt Lake Technical Center (SLTC) for analysis. If the filter is not overloaded, samples may be collected up to an 8-hour period.
- alternate analytical method: Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy; AAS
- method reference: 2 (OSHA ID-121)
- method classification: Not Validated
- note: Submit as a separate sample. An elemental analysis for Tellurium or Bismuth is performed and reported as the compound.
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.