Bismuth Telluride, Se Doped
- OSHA IMIS Code Number: 0371
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 1304-82-1
- Chemical Description and Physical Properties:
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) Threshold Limit Value (TLV): 5 mg/m3 TWA; Appendix A4 (Not Classifiable as a Human Carcinogen)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Recommended Exposure Limit (REL): 5 mg/m3 TWA
- Health Effects: Cumulative lung damage (HE10)
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- Tared Low Ash Polyvinyl Chloride (LAPVC) filter 5 microns
- maximum volume: 960 Liters
- minimum volume: 480 Liters
- maximum flow rate: 2.0 L/min
- current analytical method: Gravimetric Analysis
- method reference: 11, 12
- sampling and analytical error: 0.10
- method classification: Fully Validated
- note: Field method. If the gross weight of the sample yields a concentration below the standard for the air contaminant, do not submit the sample to Salt Lake Technical Center (SLTC) for analysis.
- alternate analytical method: Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy; AAS
- method reference: 2 (OSHA ID-121)
- method classification: Not Validated
- note: Submit as a separate sample. An elemental analysis for Tellurium or Bismuth is performed and reported as the compound.
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.