- Synonyms: S-(O,O-Diisopropylphosphorodithioate) ester of N-(2-mercaptoethyl)benzenesulfonamide; Bensulide; Prefar
- OSHA IMIS Code Number: B509
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 741-58-2
- NIOSH Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances (RTECS) Identification Number: TE0250000; 59143
- Chemical Description and Physical Properties:
- used to control grasses and broad-leaf weeds in lawn; viscous amber liquid above 34.4°C
- molecular weight: 398
- Health Effects: LD50 (oral, rat) 1082 mg/kg
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- XAD-7 Tube (100/50 mg sections, 15/50 mesh)
- maximum volume: 480 Liters
- maximum flow rate: 1.0 L/min
- current analytical method: Gas Chromatography; GC/FPD
- method reference: 2 (OSHA In-House File)
- method classification: Not Validated
- note: OSHA personnel may obtain sampling tubes from the Salt Lake Technical Center (SLTC).
Wipe Sampling Method:
- Glass Fiber Filter
- Limit the amount of bulk submitted to one gram or one mL.
3% OV-1 on Chrom W 80/100 inlet: 250 detector: 250 oven temperature: 230°C C/P WEB 7-83
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.