Barium (Insoluble Compounds)
- OSHA IMIS Code Number: B102
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 7440-39-3
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Recommended Exposure Limit (REL): 0.5 mg/m3 TWA
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- Mixed Cellulose Ester Filter (MCEF) 0.8 microns
- maximum volume: 960 Liters
- minimum volume: 480 Liters
- maximum flow rate: 2.0 L/min
- current analytical method: Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy; AAS
- method reference: (OSHA ID-121)
- sampling and analytical error: 0.19
- method classification: Partially Validated
- note: Submit as a separate sample. If the filter is not overloaded, samples may be collected up to an 8-hour period. Solubility of the Barium compounds, if known, should be transmitted to SLTC.
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.