- Synonyms: Cyclophosphamide; Daunamycin; Mitomycin C; Streptozotocin; Uracil Mustard
- OSHA IMIS Code Number: A617
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 50-18-0 (Cyclophosphamide); 20830-81-3 (Daunamycin); 50-07-7 (Mitomycin C); 18883-66-4 (Streptozotocin); 66-75-1 (Uracil Mustard)
- NIOSH Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances (RTECS) Identification Number: Varies
- Carcinogenic Classification:
- International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC): Group 1, carcinogenic to humans (Cyclophosphamide) (PDF) and Group 2B, possibly carcinogenic to humans (Uracil Mustard)(PDF)
- National Toxicology Program (NTP): Known to be a Human Carcinogen (Cyclophosphamide) (PDF) and Reasonably Anticipated to be Human Carcinogen (Streptozotocin) (PDF)
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- Glass Fiber Filter (37 mm)
- analytical solvent: Water
- recommended volume: 100 - 1000L
- recommended flow rate: 2 L/min
- current analytical method: High Performance Liquid Chromatography; HPLC/ U
- note: They state that there is decomposition on the filter when stored and of the analytical standards when prepared in water but the decomposition does not occur with methylene chloride as the solvent.
Sorsa, L. Pyy; Hakala, E. "Am. Ind Hyg. Assoc. J." 49(6) p 314-17 (1988). Cyclophosphamide is the chemical discussed in the article.
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
*Accessibility Assistance: Contact OSHA's Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300 for assistance accessing PDF materials.
All other documents, that are not PDF materials or formatted for the web, are available as Microsoft Office® formats and videos and are noted accordingly. If additional assistance is needed with reading, reviewing or accessing these documents or any figures and illustrations, please also contact OSHA's Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300.
**eBooks - EPUB is the most common format for e-Books. If you use a Sony Reader, a Nook, or an iPad you can download the EPUB file format. If you use a Kindle, you can download the MOBI file format.Back to Top