- Synonyms: Diesel Exhaust Component; 2-Methoxybenzaldehyde
- OSHA IMIS Code Number: A517
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 123-11-5
- NIOSH Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances (RTECS) Identification Number: BZ2625000; 8490
- Chemical Description and Physical Properties:
- molecular weight: 136.14
- boiling point: 243°C
- melting point: 75°C
- Health Effects: Diesel exhaust is a potential carcinogen. U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services. NIOSH Current Intelligence Bulletin No. 50, August 1988.
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- XAD-2 tube (80/40 mg sections, 15/50 mesh)
- analytical solvent: (90:10) Methylene Chloride/ Methanol
- maximum volume: 96 Liters
- maximum flow rate: 0.2 L/min
- current analytical method: High Performance Liquid Chromatography; HPLC/UL59.
- method reference: 2 (OSHA In-House File)
- method classification: Partially Validated
Column: C18 mobile phase: 76:24:0.1 Water:Acetonitrile:H3PO4 wavelength: 254 nm detection limit: 3.8 ng
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.