- Synonyms: n-Amyl Nitrite; Nitramyl; 1-Nitropentane; Pentyl Nitrite; Pentyl Alcohol Nitrite
- OSHA IMIS Code Number: A607
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 463-04-7
- NIOSH Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances (RTECS) Identification Number: RA1140000; 52006
- Department of Transportation Regulation Number (49 CFR 172.101) and Emergency Response Guidebook: UN1112 140 Oxidizers
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Secondary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SAM2):
- Charcoal Tube (100/50 mg sections, 20/40 mesh)
- maximum volume: 8.5 Liters
- maximum flow rate: 0.2 L/min
- current analytical method: High Performance Liquid Chromatography; HPLC/U.
- method reference: 2 (OSHA In-House File)
- method classification: Not Validated
- note: Protect samples from light and heat.
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.