Aluminum (as Al), Alkyls
- Synonyms: Aluminum (as Al), Alkyls
- OSHA IMIS Code Number: A104
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 7429-90-5
- Chemical Description and Physical Properties:
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) Threshold Limit Value (TLV): 2 mg/m3 TWA (Not Otherwise Classified)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Recommended Exposure Limit (REL): 2 mg/m3 TWA
- Health Effects: Explosive, Flammable, Safety (No adverse effects encountered when Good Housekeeping Practices are followed) (HE18)
- Additional Information:
- Occupational Health Guidelines for Chemical Hazards. US Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Publication No. 81-123, (1981, January). Provides a table of contents of guidelines for many hazardous chemicals. The files provide technical chemical information, including chemical and physical properties, health effects, exposure limits, and recommendations for medical monitoring, personal protective equipment (PPE), and control procedures.
Date Last Revised: 12/28/1993
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- note: Call the Salt Lake Technical Center for information on specific compounds. Standard has been stayed until an analytical method can be developed.
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.