- OSHA IMIS Code Number: Q118
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- Coated XAD-2 Tube (150/75 mg sections, 20/60 mesh); coating is 10% (w/w) 2-(Hydroxymethyl)piperidine
- analytical solvent: Toluene
- maximum volume: 5 Liters
- maximum flow rate: 0.05 L/min
- current analytical method: Gas Chromatography; GC/NPD with GC/MS identification
- method reference: OSHA Modified NIOSH Analytical Method (NIOSH 2539 (PDF))
- method classification: Partially Validated
- note: OSHA modification is use of GC/NPD in place of GC/FID. This is a screening method and is not quantitative.
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
*Accessibility Assistance: Contact OSHA's Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300 for assistance accessing PDF materials.
All other documents, that are not PDF materials or formatted for the web, are available as Microsoft Office® formats and videos and are noted accordingly. If additional assistance is needed with reading, reviewing or accessing these documents or any figures and illustrations, please also contact OSHA's Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300.
**eBooks - EPUB is the most common format for e-Books. If you use a Sony Reader, a Nook, or an iPad you can download the EPUB file format. If you use a Kindle, you can download the MOBI file format.Back to Top