- Synonyms: Acetic Acid Amide; Acetimidic Acid; Ethanamide; NCI-C02108; Methanecarboxyamide
- OSHA IMIS Code Number: A625
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Registry Number: 60-35-5
- NIOSH Registry of Toxic Effects (RTECS) Identification Number: AB4025000; 139
- Chemical Description and Physical Properties:
- molecular weight: 59.07
- density: 1.159
- boiling point: 222°
- melting point: 81°
- International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC): Group 2B, possibly carcinogenic to humans (PDF)
Monitoring Methods used by OSHA
Primary Laboratory Sampling/Analytical Method (SLC1):
- Silica Gel Tube (150/75 mg sections, 20/40 mesh)
- analytical solvent: Methanol
- maximum volume: 10 Liters
- maximum flow rate: 0.1 L/min
- current analytical method: Gas Chromatography; GC/FID
- method reference: (OSHA PV2084)
- method classification: Partially Validated
Note: Seventeen percent loss during retention study not due to breakthrough may indicate a problem. Further studies should be done.
** All Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
*Accessibility Assistance: Contact OSHA's Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300 for assistance accessing PDF materials.
All other documents, that are not PDF materials or formatted for the web, are available as Microsoft Office® formats and videos and are noted accordingly. If additional assistance is needed with reading, reviewing or accessing these documents or any figures and illustrations, please also contact OSHA's Directorate of Technical Support and Emergency Management at (202) 693-2300.
**eBooks - EPUB is the most common format for e-Books. If you use a Sony Reader, a Nook, or an iPad you can download the EPUB file format. If you use a Kindle, you can download the MOBI file format.Back to Top