Useful Resources for Developing Outreach Training - Managing Safety and Health
May include Injury and Illness Prevention Programs, job site inspections, accident prevention programs, management commitment and employee involvement, worksite analysis, hazard prevention and control, accident investigations, how to conduct safety meetings, and supervisory communication.
- Sample Safety and Health programs. Examples of written programs on various workplace safety and health topics.
- Making the Business Case for Safety and Health
- OSHA's $afety Pays Program. Assists employers in estimating the costs of occupational injuries and illnesses and impact on company's profitability.
- OSHA Hazard Awareness Advisor. Helps employer identify and understand common occupational safety and health hazards in your work place. It prepares a customized report that briefly describes the likely hazards and the OSHA standards which address those hazards.
- Training and Reference Materials Library. Contains training and reference materials and links to other related sites.
- The Resource Center Loan Program. Contains over 600 training videos on more than 100 occupational safety and health subjects.
- Workplace Injury, Illness and Fatality Statistics
Publications, Fact Sheets, and PowerPoint Presentations
- Safety and Health Add Value. OSHA Publication 3180, PDF. Describes how safety and health add value to your business, your workplace, and your life.
- Small Business Handbook. OSHA Publication 2209-02R (2005), PDF. Helps small employers establish their own safety and health programs.
- Job Hazard Analysis Guide. OSHA Publication 3071 (2002) PDF. Explains what a job hazard analysis is and offers guidelines to help you conduct your own step-by-step analysis.
- Safety and Health Programs Training. Presentations and lesson plans to assist trainers conducting an OSHA 10-hour general industry training.
- Elements of an Effective Safety and Health Program. OSHA Slide Presentation, (1989). Also available as a PPT.
- Grantee Produced Training Materials. Search under "Safety & Health Management Systems" or "Safety & Health Programs".