TEXT VERSION OF SLIDE:
Title: In Closing
- All workers should return safely home to their families every day.
- Employers must provide workers a place of employment free from recognized hazards.
- Visit the OSHA Construction webpage for additional residential fall protection compliance assistance and guidance materials:
- For Fall Protection Standards for States with OSHA-approved State Plans, please visit:
- The enforcement date for the new directive is June 16, 2011.
- We believe that in most cases it IS FEASIBLE and WILL NOT CREATE A GREATER HAZARD to implement conventional fall protection systems for residential construction work.
- There have been considerable advances in the types and capability of commercially available fall protection equipment.
- We cannot let workers get killed when effective means are readily available to prevent those deaths.
- The new directive will help us get there.
- Companies that had been operating in accordance with the old directive have until June 16, 2011 to come into compliance with 1926.501(b)(13) as written.
- All workers have a right to return safely home to their families every day.
Type: Text Slide
At the bottom right is OSHA's logo.