|<< Back to Residential Fall Protection Program Update
TEXT VERSION OF SLIDE:
Title: Fall Protection Plan Safety Monitor Duties
Type: Text Slide
At the bottom left is slide number 75.
- For a safety monitoring system under 1926.502(h) the monitor must:
- Be a competent person.
- Warn workers of fall dangers.
- Be on same working level and within visual sighting.
- Be close enough to communicate orally.
- Not have responsibilities which take attention away from monitoring.
At the bottom right is OSHA's logo.
The safety monitor’s sole purpose is to monitor the workers who are exposed to a potential fall hazard.
The safety monitor:
- Cannot have any other job which would distract them from monitoring.
- Must be a competent person.
- Must have the authority to stop other worker activities.
- All workers in the CAZ must be directed to comply with the fall hazard warnings of the safety monitor.