TEXT VERSION OF SLIDE:
- Title: Personal Fall Arrest System Anchor Point
- Type: Text and Image Slide
- 1926.502(d)(15): Anchorages use for attachment of Personal Fall Arrest equipment must be capable of supporting at least 5,000 pounds per employee attached, or must be designed and used as follows:
- As part of a complete personal fall arrest system which maintains a safety factor of at least two.
- Under the supervision of a qualified person.
- Employer should look to the manufacture's instructions or the recommendations of a registered professional engineer for proper installation.
At the bottom left is slide number 35.
At the bottom right is OSHA's logo.
[Includes image of an anchorage showing proper installation of the anchorage point.]
Proper installation of the Anchorage point is critical to the success of this system. It must be designed and installed to support the amount of force that would be applied to it if a worker fell. Consulting the manufacturer's instructions or a registered professional engineer will ensure this critical component is properly installed and maintained.