- Safety and Health Topics
- Highway Work Zones and Signs, Signals, and Barricades
Highway Work Zones and Signs, Signals, and Barricades
Standards and Guidance
Construction Industry (29 CFR 1926)
- 1926.200, Accident prevention signs and tags
- 1926.201, Signaling
- 1926.202, Barricades
- 1926.203, Definitions applicable to this subpart
Federal Registers Notices
- Safety Standards for Signs, Signals, and Barricades. Final Rules 67:57722-57736, (September 12, 2002). Effective December 11, 2002.
- Search all available federal registers notices.
- Inspection and Citation Guidance for Roadway and Highway Construction Work Zones (PDF). CPL 02-01-054, (October 16, 2012).
- Search all available directives.
- The Roadway Work Zone Safety and Health Partners. OSHA Alliance, (January 25, 2007). The members of this Alliance are: American Road and Transportation Builders Association, Associated General Contractors of America, International Union of Operating Engineers, Laborers' International Union of North America, National Asphalt Pavement Association, National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, and OSHA. This Alliance was formed to develop compliance assistance information that addresses roadway work zone safety and health issues.
There are twenty-eight OSHA-approved State Plans, operating state-wide occupational safety and health programs. State Plans are required to have standards and enforcement programs that are at least as effective as OSHA's and may have different or more stringent requirements.