<<< Back to Overview of OSHA and The Dow Chemical Company Case Studies
Printing Instructions | Text Version
TEXT VERSION OF SLIDE:
Title: Contractor Safety: Texas Operations Contractor Alliance for Safety
Type: Text Slide
[Includes the Alliance and OSHA logos]
- OSHA recordable rate dropped 95 percent
- Similar contractor safety organizations established at other Dow facilities
- Contractors leverage expertise and solutions to improve safety performance
- OSHA Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP) recognition
Contractor Safety Case Study
- The OSHA recordable rate dropped 95 percent from 1995 (when TOCAS was
established) to 2007.
- TOCAS was so successful that similar contractor safety organizations were
established at other Dow facilities in Texas and Louisiana.
- TOCAS has allowed contractors to learn from each other. They can more easily
leverage their expertise and solutions to improve safety performance.
- The Oyster Creek Division of Texas Operations is an OSHA Voluntary Protection
Programs (VPP) site. The other divisions are in the process of applying for VPP