TEXT VERSION OF SLIDE:
- Title: Contractor Safety: Texas Operations Contractor Alliance for Safety
- Type: Text Slide
- OSHA recordable rate dropped 95 percent
- Similar contractor safety organizations established at other Dow facilities
- Contractors leverage expertise and solutions to improve safety performance
- OSHA Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP) recognition
[Includes the Alliance and OSHA logos]
Contractor Safety Case Study
- The OSHA recordable rate dropped 95 percent from 1995 (when TOCAS was established) to 2007.
- TOCAS was so successful that similar contractor safety organizations were established at other Dow facilities in Texas and Louisiana.
- TOCAS has allowed contractors to learn from each other. They can more easily leverage their expertise and solutions to improve safety performance.
- The Oyster Creek Division of Texas Operations is an OSHA Voluntary Protection Programs (VPP) site. The other divisions are in the process of applying for VPP status.