TEXT VERSION OF SLIDE:
Title: Motor Carrier Safety: A Collaborative Approach to Reducing Motor Carrier
Type: Text Slide
[Includes the Alliance and OSHA logos]
- 82% reduction in rear-end collisions
- Reduced fuel consumption, maintenance costs, and insurance premiums
- Dow extended program to all major motor carriers
Motor Carrier Safety Case Study
- Reduced rear-end collisions involving vehicles from TSC’s Midland terminal 82
percent after one year (exceeding project goal of 60 percent reduction).
- TSC and its employees have received recognition for its accident reductions
from industry associations, including the National Tank Truck Carrier Safety
- TSC experienced savings in fuel consumptions, maintenance costs, and insurance
premiums. TSC has also significantly lowered its employee turnover rate since
implementing the program.
- Dow extended the programs to all its major motor carriers in North America and
is launching the program in other countries.