Regional Showcase Stories on Hispanic Outreach
The following Regional Showcase stories highlight some of the efforts by OSHA's Regional and Area Offices to reach out to Spanish-speaking employers and employees.
- OSHA Region II Holds Summits to Reach Out to Latino Workers (2011, February).
- Region II's Buffalo Area Office Provides Outreach and Training to Thousands at Annual Hispanic Family Health and Safety Fair (2008, September).
- Region II Partners With Community-Based Organization to Train Spanish-Speaking Workers (2004, March).
- Region II Provides Outreach to Thousands at Freedom Ride Rally in New York (2003, November).
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Mid-Gulf Chapter Uses OSHA Grant to Provide Safety Training to Hispanic Workers (2005, December).
- OSHA Region V Reaches Out to Day Laborers at Construction High-Risk Worker Summit (2011, January).
- OSHA Region V Reaches Out to Latino Workers at National Council on La Raza Conference (2010, December).
- Region V's Chicago North Area Office Reaches Out to Thousands of Hispanics at the Binational Health Week (2009, March).
- OSHA Region VI Fort Worth, Texas Area Office and Other Organizations Train Hundreds of Students During 10-Hour Marathon (2008, March).
- Informal Partnership Across State Lines: 10-Hour OSHA Construction Course in Spanish (2003, December).
- OSHA Hispanic Safety and Health Fair in Wichita, Kansas Saves Lives (2007, October).
- Region VIII Partners with Mexican "Mobile Consulate" to Reach Out to Mexican Workers (2004, January).