Regional Alliance Success Stories on Hispanic Outreach
The following Regional Alliance Success Stories highlight initiatives under OSHA's Regional Alliances to reach out to Spanish-speaking employers and employees.
- Region I Area Offices Form Alliance with Brazilian Immigrant Center to Improve Safety and Health of Portuguese Speaking Workers in Massachusetts. (2009, September).
- Region II Alliance with The Wind of the Spirit Immigrant Resource Center Trains in Spanish and Portuguese. (2010, October).
- Alliance Between Region II Avenel, New Jersey Area Office and El Centro de Hospitalidad Trains Hispanic Workers. (2010, March).
- Alliance Between Region II Puerto Rico Area Office and the Sociedad de Profesionales de Prevención de Accidentes de Puerto Rico (SPPAPR) Provides Safety and Health Education, Training and Outreach to Hispanics. (2008, December).
- Region II Working With Community-Based Organizations to Improve Safety and Health for Hispanic Employees in Staten Island, New Jersey. (2007, March).
- Region II's OSHA/CASA Alliance recognizes the value of early safety and health education for children of Hispanic workers. (2003, November).
- Region III Addressing Hispanic Worker Safety and Health Through Alliance with the Delmarva Safety Association. (2006, January; updated 2007, January).
- Region IV and Mexican Consulate Alliance Establish Helpline to Assist Hispanic Workers in the Southeast. (2007, December).
- Alliance Between Region IV Fort Lauderdale and Tampa, Florida, Area Offices and Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. Provides Training to Thousands of Construction Employees. (2006, September).
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL Area Office, the University of South Florida (USF), SafetyFlorida Consultation Program and the USF/OSHA Training Institute at the College of Public Health, Host a Hispanic Worker Family Health and Safety Fair. (2004, November).
- Madison Area Office and the Interfaith Coalition for Worker Justice of South Central Wisconsin Sign an Alliance to Reach Out to Hispanic Workers. (2004, October).
- Alliance With Region VI Lubbock Area Office and T&T Management LP Promotes Safety in Spanish-Speaking Community. (2005, November; updated 2009, May).
- Region VII Working with the Consulate of Mexico in Omaha to Provide Outreach and Training to Hispanic Workers in Nebraska. (2008, December).
- OSHA, Mexican-American Commission Alliance reaches out to Hispanic community to prevent construction industry hazards. (2003, November).