(signed October 17, 2005; renewed December 18, 2007; concluded October 17, 2009)
The OSHA and SkillsUSA Alliance will focus on providing career and technical educators and their students with materials, guidance, and access to training resources that will impact the occupational safety and health of young workers. The Alliance's goals include:
Outreach and communication
- Work with OSHA to provide expertise in developing information for young workers on workplace hazard recognition and prevention and to provide expertise in developing ways of communicating such information (e.g. print and electronic media, on-line forums, lesson plans, electronic assistance tools and OSHA's and SkillsUSA's web sites) to educators, employers and young workers.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at OSHA's and SkillsUSA's conferences state and chapter events, such the SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference and SkillsUSA Championships.
- Work with other Alliance Program participants on specific issues and projects regarding young workers that are addressed and developed through the Alliance Program.
- Encourage SkillsUSA to build relationships with OSHA's Regional and Area Offices and other Career Technical Student Organizations to address young worker safety and health issues.
Promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on young worker safety and health issues to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace.
Alliance Annual Reports
- Alliance Annual Report 2005-2006, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
- Alliance Annual Report 2006-2007, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
- Alliance Annual Report 2007-2008, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
- Close-out Report as December 30, 2009.
Alliance News Releases
- U.S. Labor Department Kicks Off Youth Job Safety Campaign on TODAY Show. OSHA News Release, (2008, April 21).
- OSHA and SkillsUSA Renew Alliance. OSHA News Release, (2007, December 27).
- OSHA, ASSE, CSSE and Industry Groups Team Up to Increase Job Safety for North American Occupational Safety and Health Week. OSHA News Release, (2007, May 4).
- U.S. Labor Department's OSHA Launches Youth Job Safety Campaign. OSHA News Release, (2007, April 17).
- New Alliance Will Promote Safer and Healthier Workplaces for Young Workers. OSHA News Release, (2005, October 17).
Products and Resources
OSHA Safety and Health Topics Pages
- Construction Management Industry
- Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tagout)
- Crane, Derrick, and Hoist Safety
- Electric Power Generation, Transmission, and Distribution Industry
- Fire Safety
- Hand and Power Tools
- Machine Guarding
- Motor Vehicle Safety
- Occupational Noise Exposure
- Young Workers
- Trenching and Excavation
- Walking/Working Surfaces
- Welding, Cutting, and Brazing
Publications and Newsletters
- SkillsUSA Champions, Spring 2006. This edition of SkillsUSA's magazine includes an article, "Putting the Commitment to Safety in Writing", highlighting the Alliance that the organization OSHA signed on October 17, 2005.
- Regions I and II and the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development, Connecticut Department of Labor, New Jersey Association of SkillsUSA, New York Association of SkillsUSA, and Connecticut Association of SkillsUSA; signed April 21, 2008.