|<< Back to Shipbuilding Group (SBG)
- October 31 - November 2, 2011. National Safety Congress and Expo, Pennsylvania Convention Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- November 2, 2011: Presenters: Elizabeth Way, Director, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances, Directorate of Cooperative and State Programs, USDOL-OSHA; Stephen Butler, Director, Office of Maritime Enforcement, Directorate of Enforcement Programs; Ian Bennitt, Manager, Government Affairs, Shipbuilders Council of America (SCA); and Jim Thornton, Director for Environmental Health and Safety Strategy and Regulatory Affairs, Newport News, Virginia, Shipbuilding. Presentation: "Maritime Industry Safety and Health Products and Information."
- October 27-28, 2011. Shipbuilders Council of America (SCA) Fall Health and Safety Seminar, Jacksonville, Florida.
- October 27, 2011: Presenter: Brian Sturtecky, Area Director, Region IV, Jacksonville, Florida Area Office, USDOL-OSHA. Presentation: "OSHA Maritime Safety and Health Update."
- May 1-7, 2011: 2011 North American Occupational Safety and Health (NAOSH) Week. The Shipbuilding Group (SBG) Alliance and a number of other Alliance Program participants supported 2011 NAOSH Week. Sponsored annually by the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE), an Alliance Program participant, and the Canadian Society of Safety Engineering, the Week focuses on the importance of preventing injuries and illnesses in the workplace. The theme for 2011 was "Celebrating a Century of Safety."
- October 21, 2010. Shipbuilders Council of America Fall Health and Safety Seminar, Portland, Oregon.
- October 21, 2010: Presenter: Randy White, Area Director, Region X, Portland, Oregon Area Office, USDOL-OSHA. Presentation: "OSHA Maritime Safety and Health Update."