Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS)
(signed April 14, 2002; renewed July 8, 2003; concluded January 31, 2005)
The RIMS Alliance is set-up to help establish lines of communication between OSHA and member organizations of the association to improve the perception of OSHA, foster understanding of the safety and health needs of the RIMS members and allow the exchange of technical information and best practices. The goals of the Alliance include:
Training and education
- Develop a tool for safety and health professionals, using cost benefit information, to demonstrate the savings associated with safety and health management systems.
- Encourage employers to incorporate safety and health into their overall business management systems.
Outreach and communication
- Exchange technical information and best practices.
- Inform the RIMS membership of OSHA's issues and concerns.
- Use existing communication tools more effectively, including web sites, newsletters, magazines and conference exhibits.
- Provide workshop instruction at the RIMS' annual and regional conferences.
- Provide access to OSHA's Compliance Assistance Specialists and Consultation Projects and establish links between OSHA's Area Offices and local and state RIMS Chapters.
Alliance Annual Reports
- Alliance Annual Report 2002-2003, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
- Alliance Annual Report 2003-2004, Office of Outreach Services and Alliances.
- Close-out Report as of January 31, 2005.
Alliance News Releases
- OSHA, RIMS Sign Alliance. OSHA News Release, (2002, April 15).