<< Back to Concluded Alliances
(originally signed April 14, 2002; renewed July 8, 2003; concluded January 31, 2005)
Michael Liebowitz, Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc.
Selling Strategic Partnerships Workshop at the 2002 Compliance Assistance Conference.
The RIMS Alliance is set-up to help establish lines of communication between OSHA and
member organizations of the association to improve the perception of OSHA, foster understanding of the
safety and health needs of the RIMS members and allow the exchange of technical information and best practices.
The goals of the Alliance include:
Training and education:
- Develop a tool for safety and health professionals, using cost benefit information, to demonstrate the
savings associated with safety and health management systems.
- Encourage employers to incorporate safety and health into their overall business management systems.
Outreach and communication:
- Exchange technical information and best practices.
- Inform the RIMS membership of OSHA's issues and concerns.
- Use existing communication tools more effectively, including web sites, newsletters, magazines and
- Provide workshop instruction at the RIMS' annual and regional conferences.
- Provide access to OSHA's Compliance Assistance Specialists and Consultation Projects and establish links
between OSHA's Area Offices and local and state RIMS Chapters.
Alliance Annual Reports
Alliance News Releases
Activities and Events
- April 18-22, 2004: RIMS 2004 Annual Conference and Exhibition: "Navigating Risk Today...Securing Business Tomorrow," San Diego Convention Center Corporation, San Diego, California. Veneta Chatman, Office of Communications, USDOL-OSHA, staffed an OSHA/RIMS exhibit booth.
- September 16-19, 2003: 23rd Annual National Education Conference and Expo, Adam's Mark Dallas, Dallas, Texas.
- April 6-10, 2003: 41st RIMS Annual Conference and Exhibition, McCormick Place, Lakeside Center, Chicago, Illinois.
- September 24, 2002: Loss Prevention, Risk Management, and Selling Safety. Michael Liebowitz, Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc., Vice President—Member & Chapter Satisfaction, and Director, Risk Management, Bridgeport Hospital & Healthcare Services, Inc., addressed OSHA's Compliance Assistance Conference on the risk manager's perspective in promoting workplace safety and health.