The Arizona Division of Occupational Safety and Health (ADOSH) and the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) recognize the value of establishing a collaborative relationship to foster safer, drug-free and more healthful Arizona workplaces and protect employees' health and safety. ADOSH and the NFIB hereby form an Alliance to make health and safety information and compliance assistant resources available to all employers, especially small and independent businesses, and communicate the need for the implementation of safety and health management system programs in the workplace.
ADOSH and NFIB will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Develop and disseminate information through print and electronic media, including electronic assistance tools, publications, safety newsletters and links from ADOSH's and NFIB's Web sites.
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at ADOSH and NFIB conferences, seminars or other events that address small business issues such as the NFIB Congressional Small Business Summit.
- Develop and promote accessible and easy-to-use tools to encourage and help small business owners create and implement effective safety and health management programs in the workplace.
- Promote and encourage NFIB members' use of and participation in ADOSH's outreach services and cooperative programs, including compliance assistance, the Voluntary Protection Programs, Consultation and its Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program.
- Work with other Alliance participants on safety and health issues and projects that impact small and independent businesses, especially safety and health management programs that are addressed and developed through the Alliance Program.
- Assist in the testing and development of safety and health resources for small businesses.
ADOSH and NFIB will work together to achieve the following goals related to promoting the state dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Convene or participate in forums, round table discussions, or stakeholder meetings on independent businesses' safety and health issues including safety and health management programs, to help forge innovative solutions in the workplace.
ADOSH's Alliances provide parties an opportunity to participate in a voluntary cooperative relationship with ADOSH for purposes such as training and education, outreach and communication and promoting a national dialogue on workplace safety and health. These Alliances have proved to be valuable tools for both ADOSH and its Alliance participants. By entering into an Alliance with a party, ADOSH is not endorsing any of that party's products or services; nor does the Agency enter into an Alliance with the purpose of promoting a particular party's products or services.
An implementation team made up of representatives of both organizations will meet to develop a plan of action, determine working procedures, and identify the roles and responsibilities of the participants. In addition they will meet at least quarterly to track and share information on activities and results in achieving the goals of the Alliance.
This agreement will remain in effect for two years. Either signatory may terminate it for any reason at any time, provided they give 30 days written notice. The Agreement may be modified at any time with the concurrence of both signatories.
Arizona Division of Occupational
Safety and Health
NFIB Member Services Corporation