I. Alliance Background
May 19, 2003
The Weld SBDC Alliance focuses primarily on providing information and training opportunities to small businesses in the Northern Colorado region.
Implementation Team Members
Megan Meagher, CAS, Denver Area Office
Don Abbott, Director, Weld SBDC – as of March 2005 no longer in this position, replacement yet to be named
May 19, 2004 to July 5, 2005
II. Implementation Team Meetings
August 6, 2004, Quarterly implementation team meeting (in-person)
October 22, 2004, Quarterly implementation team meeting (in-person)
March 2005, Quarterly implementation team meeting (phone)
June 1, 2005, Quarterly implementation team meeting (phone) w/interim director
III. Events and Products
Training and Education
- September 23, 2004 – Safety and Health for Health Care Industry class presented at Aims Corporate Education Center in Greeley, CO
- 3 additional classes planned on construction safety and health, OSHA targeted SIC/NAICS and young worker safety all cancelled due to lack of interest
Outreach and Communication
- Weld SBDC distributed over 100 CD’s produced by OSHA and designed to help employers develop comprehensive safety and health programs for their businesses using Quick Start.
Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health
- Through the alliance, OSHA was invited by the Weld SBDC to participate in a local consortium for providing information to small businesses in northern Colorado. The consortium meets on a quarterly basis to discuss information and opportunities relevant to small businesses.
The value to OSHA of having advocates with direct access to the small business community has been significant. Through the alliance, we are able to leverage resources within the business community.
|Type of Activity
(Conference, Training, Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
|Number of Individuals
Reached or Trained
|Health Care safety class
|Northern Colorado Small Business Assistance Consortium
IV. Upcoming Milestones
Possible renewal of the Alliance pending appointment of new director for Weld SBDC
Upcoming training seminar planned for August 18, 2005
- Using Quick Start to develop a basic safety and health program
Continued participation in quarterly meetings of Northern Colorado Small Business Assistance Consortium