- Alliance Background
November 17, 2004
November 15, 2006
The purpose of this alliance was to provide Colorado employers and employees,
including Spanish-speaking workers, with information, guidance, and access to
training resources. Through the Alliance, the organizations will work to improve
health and safety in the workplace, especially in helping industrial and
construction contractors to reduce injuries and illnesses related to work
performed on multi-employer worksites.
Implementation Team Members
Melodye Turek, President, Colorado Safety Association (CSA)
Megan Meagher, Compliance Assistance Specialist (CAS)(OSHA/DAO)
George Flynn, Compliance Assistance Specialist (CAS), (OSHA/EAO)
Todd Zentner, Compliance Assistance Specialist (CAS), (OSHA/DAO)
November 15, 2006 – November 14, 2008
- Implementation Team Meetings
May 12, 2008 - Implementation Team met at CSA conference.
July 18, 2008 - Implementation Team met at CSA
Nov. 24, 2008 - Alliance closeout meeting.
- Events and Products
Training and Education
- Basic Orientation Plus (BOP) contractor safety training course held
every Friday at CSA (English and Spanish).
- BOP training every Monday at Coors.
- Periodic onsite BOP training at Suncor Refinery and at various other
establishments throughout the State.
Outreach and Communication
- (5/12/08) OSHA booth at annual CSA Safety conference
- OSHA promoted Alliance and BOP trainings via local eNewsletters
- CSA promoted Alliance and BOP trainings via website and brochure.
Promoting the National Dialogue on Workplace Safety and Health
- 1623 individuals BOP trained and certified from Jan. 1 – July 1, 2008.
|Type of Activity (Conference, Training,
Print and Electronic Distribution, etc.)
||Number of Individuals Reached or Trained
|BOP Trained and Certified (2005)
|BOP Trained and Certified (2006)
|BOP Trained and Certified (2007)
|BOP Trained and Certified (Thru June
|TOTAL BOP Trained
- Upcoming Milestones
This Alliance concluded on November 14, 2008.
OSHA and CSA are currently pursuing a new Alliance to provide quarterly
trainings for CSA clients and others, on a variety of safety and health topics,
at no cost.